WHEN THE TIME COMES TO REPLACE LAWN
Before you replace your lawn it is crucial to prepare your space and your soil to ensure the establishment and success of your new lawn.
To prepare your space:
- Spray the area with a weed killer to remove any unwanted weeds, vegetation or an existing lawn.
- You can use a weed killer such as Glypho 360.
- Always follow the instructions on the product you are using.
- Some roots can go down to over a metre, so digging out existing grasses is not always a good way to kill them.
To improve the structure of your soil:
- Cultivate with Gypsum organic matter for clay soils.
- Use plenty of organic matter for sandy soils.
- Spread a 100mm layer of turf underlay soil mix.
If you have 150mm of good soil:
- There is no need to bring in any new soil.
- Cultivate with a rotary hoe or by hand.
- If needed, you can bring in a layer of turf underlay soil mix, to help fine tune the levels before laying the turf down.
Calculating how much soil you will need:
- For a depth of 100m you will need 1 cubic metre per 10m2.
Once your soil has been cultivated and you have spread your turf underlay soil mix:
- Add Sir Launcher, which helps to get your lawn started and established.
- Mix whatever you have added into the top 75mm and level it out.
ORDER YOUR TURF ONLINE OR CALL US ON 1800 325 397
TO DISCUSS YOUR TURF NEEDS
All our turf varieties are backed by a 10 Year Warranty for your peace of mind
Daleys Turf is a member of the Lawn Solutions Australia group – dedicated to providing the best quality turf on the market
Daleys Turf is AusGAP Certified meaning all our turf and our services meet the highest industry standards
Your guarantee that you are purchasing genuine Sir Walter DNA Certified buffalo, only available through Lawn Solutions Australia accredited members and resellers