When building, renovating or undertaking a new landscaping project, there is much to consider and price, ongoing maintenance and aesthetics are at the top of most people’s lists. Deciding on whether to pave, lay synthetic lawn or install a brand new turf is a big decision – it’s often a large area to cover and the hub of your outdoor living area.
Being a natural, growing product, a natural turf has many benefits to offer:
- Helps to maintain a balanced eco-system – natural turf enhances the environment rather than causing harm.
- Lawns absorb heat, break up radiant energy, reduce glare and having a cooling effect to the surrounding area, including your home.
- Turf reduces the risk of fire by acting as a natural fire break.
- Natural lawns reduce CO2 emissions, generate oxygen and absorb noise.
- Research has found that natural greenspaces offer sustained and significant improvements in mental health.
- Lawns reduce dust by trapping it in between the blades, which is then washed into and trapped by the soil. Lawn varieties are readily available that are suitable to allergy sufferers.
- Can increase the value of your home by up to $75,000.
- Natural turf is an effective, long-lasting and cost-effective form of soil erosion control.
- Lawns reduce the risk of injury through a cushioning effect.
- Turf helps to improve local water quality by slowing down run off as well as trapping pollutants and sediment. Rainwater filtered by grass plants is 10 times less acidic than run off from a hard surface.
While needing some basic ongoing maintenance, a natural lawn provides benefits to you and the environment that greatly outweighs any time and effort spent on lawn care. Synthetic lawn and pavers still require regularly cleaning and can pose a trip hazard and will greatly heat the temperature of your home. And let’s be honest, they aren’t that much fun to play a game of cricket or soccer on.
Daleys Turf are local to the Sunshine Coast region and can deliver your new lawn locally, as well as to the Gold Coast, Ipswich and Brisbane regions. Contact us today to learn more.